Monday, February 2, 2009

Relief

French wallpaper Peasant Dress from my Spring line

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)


Late last week, I along with many others, got some wonderful news! We've been given a whole year to comply with the CPSIA rules for testing on our products. We are not required to have testing results on our finished products just yet. And, I, like many others, was all set to close up shop and go in another direction. With the small amount of children's things I produce, I could not afford to have my clothing tested. I never for one second believe that the fabrics I use contain lead, but I am one to follow the law. I must set a good example for my children. :)

You can't image (or maybe you can) how much relief I felt when I read that there was a stay of execution on this order. You see, I love what I do. I enjoy what I do. I need the income from what I do. This isn't some little hobby for me. I work from home everyday to help support our family. God provided me with this opportunity to be at home and I am making the very most of it. I am a faithful servant and I had accepted that this is the Lord's plan and he'd show me what to do next once CPSIA was enforced. And now he has. I will continue on making the things that I love. I believe that the CPSIA will be amended before our year is up and everything will work out for me and so many others. Keep us in your prayers. :)


The Bible verse above came to me today via email. It is from a devotion I receive every weekday morning. I thought it was perfect for me today. Just a great little reminder. If you would like to receive the Girlfriends In God devotion daily you can click here to sign up.

If you would like more information on CPSIA, please visit the Consumer Products Safety Commission here.

2 comments:

  1. I've been hearing about that. I don't sell childrens stuff myself, but I've been following this with lots of interest...yay for the year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great news! Glad you're back. I just ordered a French Wallpaper Dress for my baby.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online