Monday, January 26, 2009

Not today HBK!

Although this is not his best portrait (it isn't a very pretty day here in LA -lower Alabama), meet HBK. The Heart Break Kid is his full name, thanks to our professional wrestling fanatic, Sanderson, but you can call him HBK because we all do. HBK is very talented and is a great escape artist. He is known to be on the wrong side of the fence at any given time. He's done this since he was a wee little thing. He usually manages to scoot back in just in time to attack his mother for lunch or a snack. I guess he has become bored with his usual routine of escaping into the neighboring pasture and decided yesterday that escaping would be more fun if he could do so into our yard. This is a big problem because we live on a MAJOR U.S. Highway. If I had one of those handy dandy speed guns that the state troopers have I know I'd clock'em going 80+ mph every other minute. This scenario of little HBK and all these speeders stresses me out.


This picture is within five minutes of me checking on him this morning to make sure he was still hanging with his mama. With orders that need to be sewn and shipped today, this isn't my idea of fun. Just picture me every 30 minutes or so, jumping up and looking out the back to see if our HBK is still safe and sound. Yes, I know, this fence doesn't look too safe and secure. I can testify that it was until HBK picked this spot to try and squeeze through. Maybe I'll just retire from designing and sewing and just become a full-time cowboy, umm, cowgirl. :)

2 comments:

  1. Isn't he cute!! Love calves - we've only had pigs the last couple of years. Their cute too in their own way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I was a counrty girl when I was in elementary school and raised cows. I almost died when I realized where they went to when they were "all grown up"!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online