Monday, March 23, 2009

Work-in-progress

This Saturday was spent with most of my family working on our new lake house. By "our" I mean my Dad and Step-mom. By "new" I mean "new to us". My Dad purchased a tiny little house late last year on a tiny little lake near their home. It was in foreclosure and the previous owners were right in the middle of a full renovation. Or at least that's how it looks to me. :)

I don't know if I've ever mentioned that there are four of us. This "us" is my three sisters and I. We all have great husbands and a load of children between us. There are 19 people in my immediate family. And we all live within 30 minutes of each other, with most of us living about 10 minutes from each other. We all think of this as a great blessing. We've seen times when some of us were several hours away. Luckily for now, everyone has settled close to home.

We spent the entire day in sorted shifts working on painting inside and out and doing yard work. I am not a painter. Absolutely hate it. I put myself in charge of all things outdoors which included raking pine straw, cleaning out flower beds, 4 little boys fishing and 2 little girls swinging. We all worked until it was dark. Needless to say, we've got a long way to go on "The Lake House", but we did make great strides Saturday. I hope to have pictures soon of our progress.

Daddy and Debbie treated us all to dinner at one of our two local restaurants. They were kind enough to seat us in the back room, since we were all dirty and smelly from our days work. Where we live that isn't anything out of the norm. They all just said "It don't Matter". Small town America, you've gotta love it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online